Reconciliation Through Language Learning Series
Reconciliation Regina will partner with the Regina Public Library to host the Reconciliation Through Language Learning, a beginner language program series aimed at revitalizing Treaty Four territory’s Indigenous languages that were lost through Residential Schools. The languages that will be part of the series include: Saulteaux, Cree, Nakoda, Dakota & Lakota and Michif.
The schedule will be as follows:
- Saulteaux Classes: July 19, 2022, to September 20, 2022 – Every Tuesday from 7-8pm
- Cree Classes: October 6, 2022, to December 8, 2022 – Every Thursday from 7-8pm
- Nakoda Classes: January 17, 2023 to March 21, 2023 – Every Tuesday from 7-8pm
- Dakota Classes: March 28 to May 30, 2023 – Every Tuesday from 7-8pm
- Michif Classes: June 6, 2023, to August 8, 2023 – Every Tuesday from 7-8pm
*Date & Times subject to change
How is the program being offered?
The programming will be offered remotely through Zoom.
Is there a cost to participate?
There is no cost to participate.
How do I register?
Participants can register for the program by visiting: Beginner Language Class Registration | Reconciliation Regina