How Can I Get Involved On A Personal Level?
- Follow us on twitter
- Like and share our Facebook page.
- Complete public survey (found on Facebook page).
- Contact us to share information about what actions you or an organization in our community has taken towards Reconciliation and/or a TRC Call to Action.
- Visit the ConnectR website for Resources (Reconciliation Saskatoon, www.beaconnectr.org).
- Conatct us directly to share information about an Indigenous event, your story, or anything else you would like to share with us.
- Join our Community Champions list.
- Attend one of our future events.
- Invite Reconciliation Regina to present and provide education and awareness of Truth and Reconciliation and the TRC Calls to Action.
Individual Commitments (Beyond the 94 Calls...)
- Educate and inform yourself about the history and legacy of the treatment of Indigenous peoples in Canada.
- Attend an Indigenous community event.
- Read from our reconciliation list.
- Learn an Indigenous language.
- Organize or volunteer your time/services to an Indigenous organization or Reconciliation event (i.e. Blanket Exercise).
- Donate to an Indigenous organization and/or residential school survivors fund.
- Speak out against racism, discrimination, and stereotypes of Indigenous peoples.
- Encourage increased education and curriculum focused on the history of Indigenous peoples (treaties, legislation, policy, etc.) in our school systems and throughout our community.
- Advocate for changes to elementary, secondary, and post-secondary school curriculum to include Indigenous heroes and highlight Indigenous peoples' contributions to Canada.
- Follow the Reconciliation Regina social media pages and commit to the Reconciliation Regina movement by recording your commitment(s) on social media using the hashtags #reconciliationregina and #ourjourney.
No event found!