Reconciliation Regina and the Regina Public Library present the Decolonize YQR: The Journey Through Truth & Reconciliation, a monthly workshop series focused on exploring a deeper shared understanding of truth and reconciliation in our community.
Facilitators will take a broader look at the system of colonization and the socio-economic impacts of systemic racism and discrimination that are experienced by Indigenous peoples today and provide participants with actionable steps to begin their journey towards decolonization. The workshops are facilitated by Indigenous community leaders that are dedicated to supporting a safe, diverse, and inclusive environment that educates, energizes and inspires creativity, agency and transformation.
Participants are encouraged to register for as many workshops as they like, and these workshops have been designed for an inclusive audience of both Indigenous and non-Indigenous and will be provided on a digital platform (Zoom) until is safe to meet in person again.
These workshops are free, and all are welcome to attend. Click on each individual session to see how to register.
- September 12, 2023 – kâ-pî-isi-kiskisiyân: The Way I Remember with Solomon Ratt
- October 24, 2023 – A Deeper Look into The REDress Project & MMIWG with Jaime Black
- June 13, 2023 – My First Powwow as a New Canadian with Andrian Makhnachov
- May 23, 2023 – My Experience as an Indigenous Drag Queen with Chelazon Leroux
- April 18, 2023 – How to Implement TRC’s Calls to Action with Roy Pogorzelski
- February 15, 2023 – My Journey: Walking in Two Worlds with Elder Harry Francis – Part 2 * POSTPONED*
- January 24, 2023 – Bullet Soup with Jodi Robson
- November 22, 2022 – My Journey: Walking in Two Worlds with Elder Harry Francis
- October 18, 2022 – What We Inherited, and Actions We All Must Take with Chief Cadmus Delorme
- June 22, 2022 – Decolonizing Food in the Kitchen: Jodi Robson, Fried Bannock Bake-a-Long
- June 7, 2022 – Kalyn Kodiak, Herbalist & Metis Knowledge Keeper, Traditional Plant Medicine.
- May 26, 2022 – Tanya Tagala, Author (partnership with RPL & Royal SK Museum)
- April 19, 2022 – Decolonization & Art: Metis Art Workshop with Phyllis Poitras-Jarrett
- March 22, 2022 – Decolonizing Food in the Kitchen: Oven Bannock Bake-a-Long with Jodi Robson