Reconciliation Regina and the Regina Public Library present the Decolonize YQR: The Journey Through Truth & Reconciliation, a monthly workshop series focused on exploring a deeper shared understanding of truth and reconciliation in our community.
The series will take participants through a journey of self-reflection and will explore the history and impacts of colonization and ways we can decolonize our hearts, minds, and community. The workshops will create space where participants can begin to explore decolonizing themselves, practice taking personal responsibility for our beliefs and actions, and build allegiance with centuries of Indigenous resistance.
Facilitators will take a broader look at the system of colonization and the socio-economic impacts of systemic racism and discrimination that are experienced by Indigenous peoples today and provide participants with actionable steps to begin their journey towards decolonization. The workshops are facilitated by Indigenous community leaders that are dedicated to supporting a safe, diverse, and inclusive environment that educates, energizes and inspires creativity, agency and transformation.
Participants are encouraged to register for as many workshops as they like, and these workshops have been designed for an inclusive audience of both Indigenous and non-Indigenous and will be provided on a digital platform (Zoom) until is safe to meet in person again.
These workshops are free, and all are welcome to attend. Click on each individual session to see how to register.
- January 24, 2023 – Bullet Soup with Jodi Robson
- February 15, 2023 – My Journey: Walking in Two Worlds with Elder Harry Francis – Part 2
- March 22, 2022 – Decolonizing Food in the Kitchen: Oven Bannock Bake-a-Long with Jodi Robson
- April 19, 2022 – Decolonization & Art: Metis Art Workshop with Phyllis Poitras-Jarrett
- May 26, 2022 – Tanya Tagala, Author (partnership with RPL & Royal SK Museum)
- June 7, 2022 – Kalyn Kodiak, Herbalist & Metis Knowledge Keeper, Traditional Plant Medicine.
- June 22, 2022 – Decolonizing Food in the Kitchen: Jodi Robson, Fried Bannock Bake-a-Long
- October 18, 2022 – What We Inherited, and Actions We All Must Take with Chief Cadmus Delorme
- November 22, 2022 – My Journey: Walking in Two Worlds with Elder Harry Francis